StarStar Customer Code of Conduct
Campaign Management Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
The purpose of StarStar is to connect people and brands through advertising campaigns and in doing so provide value to both parties. We require any Call-To-Action (CTA) and Content accessed through the StarStar platform to comply with the highest legal and ethical standards. We have developed and maintain complete guidelines in the StarStar Customer Code of Conduct/StarStar Campaign Management Policy to help our partners better understand the kinds of campaigns that the StarStar platform supports. Basically, the document requires you follow a few simple rules:
General Content Policy:
Zoove requires any StarStar call-to-action (CTA) and content accessed through the StarStar platform to comply with the highest legal and ethical limits. This evaluation may be conducted by Zoove itself, its carrier partners, or trusted third party ratings organizations.
- Private or personal matters concerning any person, including without limitation home phone numbers and addresses, credit/debit card information, and/or customer account information such as customer passwords.
- Libelous or defamatory
- Violation of Property Rights
- Misleading or fraudulent claims
- Sexual (adult) content
- Hate Speech
- Illegal Activity (explicit or implicit)
- Multi-Level Marketing Schemes
- Advertisements for competing wireless telecommunication offers (Carrier Competition)
- Controversial Content such as abuse of alcohol, tobacco, drugs, illegal gambling, guaranteed credit repairs, etc.
Campaigns Approved on a Case-by-Case Basis:
Zoove will work with its carrier partners for explicit carrier approval for the following types of campaigns:
- Mobile Giving
- Mass Calling Events
- Chat services
- Any campaign with a “Premium” carrier billing element
- Subscriber information passed to a 3rd party
Carriers will be asked to provide approval or detailed feedback on required changes in the course of 10 business days.
General Advertising Guidelines:
- Advertising in all forms must be clear and conspicuous regarding all terms and conditions associated with offers and adheres to all state and federal regulations.
- Program advertising or its placement must not be deceptive about the functionality, features, or content of the underlying program.
- All advertising must include a form of the phrase “Msg&Data Rates May Apply” This verbiage should be clear and conspicuous on the call to action/promotion/advertising.
- Illegible font sizes and obscuring the disclaimer “Msg&Data Rates May Apply” are prohibited.
Reoccurring Messaging Program:
A “reoccurring” messaging program results in multiple messages being delivered to the user. The following information must be included in the advertisement and confirmation SMS:
- Opt out information
- Help information
- Frequency of messages
General Opt-In Requirements:
- An opt-in to a specific campaign as described in the CTA must not be used or construed by an advertiser as blanket approval to promote other campaigns, products, or services.
- If an advertiser desires to send promotional material to a user (in addition to that which is described in a CTA), the user must consent to receive the material before any messages are sent. Such consent can be obtained by having the subscriber opt in an additional time and agreeing to receive the promotional material.
- Selling mobile opt-in lists are prohibited.
All elements of a live campaign will be monitored on a periodic basis to ensure ongoing compliance.
This is a summary of the complete StarStar Customer Code of Conduct/StarStar Campaign Management Policy document, which is provided to all prospective and current clients. To download the summary, click here.