Accetable Use Policy
Short Codes and StarStar Numbers
StarStar Code of Conduct
This AUP is a guideline and is not an all-inclusive listing of prohibited conduct. SUMOTEXT reserves the right, in its discretion, to change or modify all or any part of this AUP at any time, effective immediately upon publication of this AUP.
SMS/MMS messaging may not contain or be linked to any “Objectionable Content”. Objectionable Content means any content that:
- Infringes upon any copyright, trademark, trade secret or patent of any third party;
- Violates any obligation of confidentiality;
- Violates the privacy, publicity, moral or any other right of any third party;
- Is hateful or obscene;
- Is being used to harass, stalk or otherwise threaten a person;
- Is libelous, defamatory, knowingly false or misrepresents another person; or is threatening, promotes violence, promotes discrimination (whether based on sex, religion, race, ethnicity, nationality, disability or age), promotes illegal activities or otherwise contains materials that SUMOTEXT informs the user that it considers objectionable.
SUMOTEXT, in its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes "Objectionable Content" under this AUP.
SUMOTEXT clients must also:
- Not knowingly link to any downloadable applications or other content which may be harmful to another user’s computer;
- Not offer legal, financial or medical advice;
- Disclose "Msg&Data rates may apply" in all advertisements and "calls to action".
- Disclose the content provider by including a program abbreviation at the beginning of each message flow - e.g. "[CLIENT NAME]: Show this text for 20% off........"
- Comply with the Mobile Marketing Association's (MMA) Code of Conduct:
- Comply with the Mobile Marketing Association's (MMA) Best Practices: